Sunday 4 January 2009

I've started!!


The plan was to start my challenge on New Years Day, however since I was out on New Years Eve dressed like this....... until 4am it wasn't looking good.

So I started on the 2nd instead with a 2 hour session, making the most of my Christmas holiday from work, I've been again today (4th) and am making good progress with the first tri-athlon of the month, in total I've biked 30km and ran 10km so far.

The one thing that is concerning me is the swimming part of my tri-athlon, I wanted to keep it in because I really wanted to push myself as I'm not really a swimmer, I'm going to have to do 120 lengths of the total fitness pool each month to complete the 3km. So I've enlisted the help of one of my friends who is going to help me improve my swimming technique so I can get swimming. More on this after the lesson.

I want to wish everyone else a Happy New Year and if anyone wants to contact me about starting your own 365 challenge please do not hesitate to get in touch.

1 comment:

  1. Great to see that you are on your way ... and knocking off the miles pretty well already!

    As far as the swim is concerned, I recommend breaking down your distance as much as you need to ... s0 120 lengths a month becomes 30 lengths a week ... could you handle that to start with? As you get stronger with your swimming, you'll up that soon, I'm sure.

    Hope to see you in the gym again sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete