Wednesday 1 April 2009

365 on the slopes!


The 365 Challenge has truly changed me and 2009 is fast becoming the year of Fred getting fit and trying new sports!

Last week I took my challenge to the slopes when I went to Mayrhofen, Austria for a week's holiday to learn to ski and in 6 days I managed 105km downhill skiing! Which isn't quite as good as m boyfriends 198km but he has been skiing for a lot longer than me!

Taking a week out for skiing meant I lost a week in April so I had to complete 3 tri-athlons in 3 weeks which at the time felt pretty grueling but I was glad of the extra training when I got to Austria as all the aches and pains I'd been warned about didn't really surface.

I'll definitely be keeping up the skiing and watch this space as I may try and tie it into the challenge before 2009 is out!

No comments:

Post a Comment